Sunday, November 12, 2006

I didn't want the last post to stay up to long because I am not there anymore. It is hard to put in words but I feel that I learned so much this past week.

I learn that prayer isn't shallow.

I learn that there is hope.

I've learned that my heart can grow bigger and more compassionate, that it is ok not to guard it so much.

Back to prayer, I've learned I couldn't have gotten through last wednesday without it. Prayer gave me peace in a time that wasn't peaceful. Through prayer I was able cry to God and share my frustrations and even learn a few things about myself. I learned that I can give more. I was stretched past the breaking point, and when that happens you just can't go back to the same place that you were before. You are different, better. Instead of closing down, and hardening my heart, through prayer my heart can expand and grow. Prayer is priceless.

Also, there was one great thing I forgot to mention that day. Hadija's aunt, who brought her to the center and has supported her but because her baby was a product of incest, could not support the baby. But she saw how God has worked in Hadija's life through out this year and due to that, had decided to accept christ as her saviour!

An update on Angel... turns out that an aunt of the father of her baby is willing to take her in. She is actually willing to go to Kisoro and get her and bring her back! Praise God for this woman who is willing to help.

God will make a way... when there seems to be no way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home