Saturday, May 06, 2006


After two years of planning, I arrived in Uganda on March 28th. I was lucky and was able to spend the first two weeks in country with Teresa Spurlock and Emelie Bauerle. What great fun women of God, I admire them both greatly. Their main purpose wasn't to make my transition to Uganda easier although that was a benifit! We spent those two weeks planning the big mission trip that will be coming from our church in Colorado in June. We have almost 40 people planning to come on that trip so there were a lot of details to cover!

It was sad to see Teresa and Emelie go but I was excited to move into my new place and get to know my new roommate (Kristine). I was lucky and found a great place in Ggaba, the only drawback is that it is pretty far from town, it takes me atleast 45 minutes to get to the office and that is without a traffic jab, which is rare!

At Youth for Christ I do all sorts of things, mainly for right now I am helping to plan for our visitors in June. It takes a lot of organization to host 40 people. Things do tend to slip through the cracks but due to Gods Grace he reminds us when that happens.

I am trying to strike a balance between the Outreach department and the Couseling department since I am part of both departments. It is so much easier to hang out with the Outreach volunteers, they know english are fun and I love to listen to them sing and watch them dance. But with the pregnant teens not many of them know english so it is hard to get to know them. So I try to go back there and sit with them during tea time and then sometimes in the afternoon. They are getting more comfortable with me and I start to see them act more like teens everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home